- Any woman who has chemical dependency with drugs and alcohol and the experience of having had her coping resources overwhelmed.
- Any woman who has concerns she would feel more comfortable sharing within a women’s circle of support.
- Any woman who has problems trusting women, yet senses this might create an obstacle to her recovery or the ability to utilize the support of others recovering.
About our Trauma Treatment Program
- This is an interactive program that addresses the connections between women’s issues, addiction and trauma.
- Women in recovery have specific issues related to abuse, battering, sexuality, boundary and limit setting and gender discrimination which can only be freely explored within a consistent setting of other women.
- Women in this group can expect to be empowered to assert their own healing preferences and be validated by the experiences of other women on similar self – discovery journey.
- This treatment program is holistic, with emphasis on achieving integration of mind, mood, body and soul. Trauma and addiction can leave a woman feeling lost, fragmented, and empty. The focus of this group is to be present fully to each other and ourselves such that we may access, utilize and share our gifts.
In these treatment sessions women will learn:
- The impact past traumas can have as current “triggers” or challenges to one’s recovery
- How to better relate to family friends and significant others, in support of recovery
- Boundary setting for safety and serenity
- Body awareness, recovering the sense of well-being and pleasure in one’s physical self
- Processing difficult emotions (without effortful attempts to surface past memories)
- Practices to enhance relaxation today, to reduce anxiety or stress reactions.
- Values clarification and assertiveness practice
- Anger management and resolution skills
- Creative goal/intention setting
- Application of 12-step principles to women-specific topics and scenarios
- Education regarding disease concept of addiction
- Basic recovery and advanced recovery skills
The following is a partial list of class topics participants may encounter:
- Trauma, grief and loss
- Spiritual solutions
- The 12 steps
- Recovery Planning
- Relationships 101
- Coping with Stress
- Relapse Prevention
- Process addictions
- Anger resolution
- Healing Sexuality
- Self-defeating learned behaviors
- Shame and Addiction
- Healthy Thinking
- Biochemistry of Craving
How to enroll in this program:
Women interested in enrolling in this 30 day inpatient treatment program for women with these special needs should call the Brighton Center for Recovery admissions department at our toll-free number: 877-9SOBER1 (877-976-2371).
You can also view our Admissions and Interventions page.
We offer a special women, trauma and addiction treatment intensive outpatient program (IOP) as a discrete outpatient offering.
For general information about Brighton Center for Recovery, please call 888-215-2700 or 810-227-1211.